Exchange programme | Life Sciences & Chemistry
The Life Sciences & Chemistry Exchange Programme at campus Geel is part of the STAR-Track Programme
We've got chemistry!
- An internship in Life Sciences & Chemistry is possible for students from the programmes Chemistry, Process Technology, Biochemistry and Biomedical Laboratory Technology.
- Do your research internship at one of our partner institutes: a (bio)chemical company, research institute, biotechnology institute, pharmaceutical company, university or university of applied sciences
- Or do your clinical internship in a hospital or private lab at different departments: microbiology, clinical chemistry, haematology, pathology, molecular biology, etc.
- Let us know your interest and we will look for an internship that suits you!
- Possibility of writing a thesis depending on the offer.
Close contact with the working field
Our lecturers work closely with professionals from companies, research institutes and hospitals. This keeps you up-to-date in a rapidly evolving sector.
- Exam regulations
- Personal coaching
Join our STAR-Track exchange semester. STAR, Specialist Track for Ambitious Rookies, is a challenging exchange semester for students who want to achieve More. The unique educational concept focuses on interdisciplinary and intercultural learning to enhance students’ entrepreneurial skills and mindset and to develop them into globally aware citizens and future-proof professionals. STAR-Track unites international students from different disciplines (biomedical laboratory science, chemistry, nutrition and dietetics, technology, business, sports, social work and orthopedics) and offers them high-impact learning based on real life challenges in an international context.
The semester lasts from mid-September until the end of December and consists of a total of 30 ECTS: 20 ECTS professional skills in your field of expertise (placement) combined with 10 ECTS future-proof skills of your students’ choice. Students can also do their placement in the spring (20 ECTS), but then there is no possibility to join the STAR-Track program.
The academic year in a nutshell
Below you can find an overview of the courses ( under reservation of changes), with the number of credits per phase. Credits express how many hours you need on average to process the subject matter (incl. lessons). Count about 25 to 30 hours for 1 study credit.
- We have explained the most important courses in a blue tooltip.
- Would you like to know the detailed content of each subject? Check the programme guide.
- Courses marked with a * are offered fully online. This means you don't have to physically come to Belgium to take these courses.
Code ECTS Autumn Spring Placement Placement Biomedical Laboratory Science i Z13131 20 x Placement Biomedical Laboratory Science i Z13132 20 x FUTURE PROOF SKILLS Summer School Z16184 3 x Startup Bootcamp Social & Climate Impact Z25777 3 x Code ECTS Autumn Spring Project Case Z15589 5 x Intercultural communication Z14469 5 x Ethics Z15593 5 x First Aid Z25930 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13456 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13455 3 x Code ECTS Autumn Spring Placement Placement Biomedical Laboratory Science i Z13131 20 x Placement Biomedical Laboratory Science i Z13132 20 x FUTURE PROOF SKILLS Summer School Z16184 3 x Startup Bootcamp Social & Climate Impact Z25777 3 x Project Case Z15589 5 x Intercultural communication Z14469 5 x Ethics Z15593 5 x First Aid Z25930 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13456 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13455 3 x
You should have completed the 2 first years of your study programme in your home institution.
See the ECTS file of the different courses for specific information.
Yes, we care
During your exchange you can count on a whole support team to truly make you feel at home at Thomas More. The International Support Team, the International Office, your 'buddy', Student Services (STUVO), all of our lecturers and many more will personally guide you to ensure that you blend in from the beginning and prosper so that we help you to deploy and nurture your talents. You will never feel alone.
Are you passionate about people and interested in different disciplines and cultures? Do you aim high and have what it takes to make a difference? Are you ready to shape the future? Do you have an open mind? Do opportunities and challenges trigger you to do more?
Become a STAR @ Thomas More
STAR-track is a multi-disciplinary exchange semester in English. Team up with students with a different cultural and study background. A STAR semester consists of a total of 30ECTS which combines 15ECTS professional skills in your field of expertise (business) with 15 ECTS future proof skills of your choice.
More information in our webpage.
Need to know
- Practical information
Become a STAR @ Thomas More
- Do you have questions regarding...
- Application deadline
- 15 May (to start in September - STAR-Track Programme)
- 31st of October (to start in February)