Exchange programme | Sports Management & Cultural Management
Exchange programme (B GEEL07)
The Sports Management & Cultural Management Exchange Programme at campus Geel is part of the STAR-Track Programme
Scoring a top job in the sports sector
- Sports are totally your thing.
- You like to know what happens behind the scenes.
- You are good at planning and organising.
- On your marks! In your first year you will be introduced to business management.
- You work on your economics knowledge and cycle through sports history.
- You stop at (inter)national sports federations.
- In your second year, you discover how to develop sponsorship strategies.
- After a thorough media training, you know the (press) profession inside out.
- You organise events and draw up sponsorship plans.
- Later, you can work in the sports, events and leisure sectors.
- For example as a financial, administrative or communication employee.
Setting you up for success. Shine in a multidisciplinary team.
Did you know recruiters invite you based on your resume, but hire you based on your soft skills?
Experience High Impact learning in the STAR-Track. Develop your interdisciplinary and intercultural competences and grow into globally aware citizens and future-proof professionals.
- Courses - Additional Info
- Exam regulations
- Personal coaching
Join our STAR-Track exchange semester. STAR, Specialist Track for Ambitious Rookies, is a challenging exchange semester for students who want to achieve More. The unique educational concept focuses on interdisciplinary and intercultural learning to enhance students’ entrepreneurial skills and mindset and to develop them into globally aware citizens and future-proof professionals. STAR-Track unites international students from different disciplines (technology, business, sports, social work and orthopedics) and offers them high-impact learning based on real life challenges in an international context. The courses run from mid-September until the end of December, exam period will be organized in January. The STAR-Track semester consists of a total of 30 ECTS: 20 ECTS professional skills combined with 10 ECTS future-proof skills of your students’ choice.
The academic year in a nutshell
Below you can find an overview of the courses ( under reservation of changes), with the number of credits per phase. Credits express how many hours you need on average to process the subject matter (incl. lessons). Count about 25 to 30 hours for 1 study credit.
- We have explained the most important courses in a blue tooltip.
- Would you like to know the detailed content of each subject? Check the programme guide.
Courses marked with a * are offered fully online. This means you don't have to physically come to Belgium to take these courses.
Code ECTS Autumn Spring PROFESSIONAL SKILLS Practice Enterprise Sportsmanagement i Z15864 12 x Sports Management & Communication i Z14439 3 x Coaching i Z14436 5 x FUTURE PROOF SKILLS Summer School Z16184 3 x Code ECTS Autumn Spring Startup Bootcamp Social & Climate Impact Z25777 3 x Project Case Z15589 5 x Intercultural communication Z14469 5 x Survival Dutch i Z13456 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13455 3 x Code ECTS Autumn Spring PROFESSIONAL SKILLS Practice Enterprise Sportsmanagement i Z15864 12 x Sports Management & Communication i Z14439 3 x Coaching i Z14436 5 x FUTURE PROOF SKILLS Summer School Z16184 3 x Startup Bootcamp Social & Climate Impact Z25777 3 x Project Case Z15589 5 x Intercultural communication Z14469 5 x Survival Dutch i Z13456 3 x Survival Dutch i Z13455 3 x
Courses - Additional Info
Please find below more detailed information on some of your courses:
- Code Z14436
- Compulsory course
- 5 ECTS
- Life is a team sport – it is impossible to get ahead without taking others along. Performing optimally, both professionally and personally, implies constant interaction with others. Communication and collaboration are therefore essential. This is where coaching skills can make the difference, for you and the people around you, be it colleagues, employees, students, family, friends... No matter the context, coaching is about your desire to truly understand others and to encourage their own growth.
- To support you in this endeavour this course will give you the opportunity to acquire the basic coaching skills, including how to structure a coaching session. You will then apply these basics with a focus on personal values and talents, talent development and shared leadership.
Sports Management & Communication
- Code Z14439
- 3 ECTS
- Communication skills for business and professional purposes are practiced.
Practice enterprise sports management with focus on Active and Healthy Lifestyle
- Code Z15864
- 12 ECTS
- Important: A mandatory intake interview takes place in order to assess whether the student meets the requirements regarding subject matter and experience with project work. Based on this interview the student will be accepted or not.
- The students bring (in group) a complex and relevant issue linked to the professional practice to a successful end. They work on this independently during project days with minimal support from a coach.
- Students at one of our partner institutions
- 3rd year students (120ECTS before arrival)
The courses run from mid-September until the end of December, exam period will be organized during the semester and at the end of December.
Yes, we care
During your exchange you can count on a whole support team to truly make you feel at home at Thomas More. The International Support Team, the International Office, your 'buddy', Student Services (STUVO), all of our lecturers and many more will personally guide you to ensure that you blend in from the beginning and prosper so that we help you to deploy and nurture your talents. You will never feel alone.
Are you passionate about people and interested in different disciplines and cultures? Do you aim high and have what it takes to make a difference? Are you ready to shape the future? Do you have an open mind? Do opportunities and challenges trigger you to do more?
Become a STAR @ Thomas More
STAR-track is a multi-disciplinary exchange semester in English. Team up with students with a different cultural and study background. A STAR semester consists of a total of 30ECTS which combines 15ECTS professional skills in your field of expertise (business) with 15 ECTS future proof skills of your choice.
More information in our webpage.
Need to know
- Practical Information
Become a STAR @ Thomas More
- Do you have questions regarding...
- the Star-Track Programme? Contact Inge Vervoort
- your courses or Learning Agreement? Contact your International Coordinator !
- your nominations, application, visa or practical arrangements? Contact the International Office via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline
- 15 May (to start in September)
- Do you have questions regarding...