International Digital Product Architect
Specialisation of the bachelor of Information Management and Multimedia
Woensdag 01 februari
Start building the world of tomorrow!
- Helping to create a better future is what gets you up in the morning.
- Get the skills you need to design and build the digital products of tomorrow.
- Learn how to use technology as a tool for boosting efficiency, sustainability and quality of life.
- Apply your creativity to develop interactive and intuitive interfaces.
- Help steer the future course of our society with products that are both socially relevant and commercially viable.
- Work in a creative, inspiring and supportive environment that challenges you to go beyond your best.
- Find out how to combine the skills of design, developer and entrepreneur, to turn your skills into a successful business or career.
Digital Product Architecture is a new field without national borders. We prepare you for your future in the booming technology sector with expert teaching, cutting-edge facilities and equipment, and globally-recognised qualifications.
The world at your feet
You will work in an international practice enterprise run by fellow students or be in the company lead of your own international digital product startup, all guided by international experts. The digital world will welcome you with open arms!
JAM X TOAST
Six students in their final year started their own company in the ‘real’ world. The result? JAM x TOAST: a digital studio that makes ravishing websites. Check out their website to see what they have done so far or follow these digital ‘chefs’ on social media!
- 3 pillars
- In practice
- Personal coaching
- Admission requirements
- PROGRAMME (3 YEAR) 6 Digital Products = 18 Challenging Projects
- International Digital Product Architect is a brand new, innovative academic programme. Why is it so innovative? There are no courses in the traditional sense. Instead, you will learn all the necessary skills through a variety of projects and challenges. Every semester you will design and build a real digital product . But first, you will complete 3 projects that help you develop the skills and tools you will need to successfully design and create your product.
We are going for an integration of the three pillars on different digital products.
You create attractive and user-friendly websites and apps. You learn how to design in a creative way and take the customer's needs into consideration.
You will get introduced to the different programming languages. This allows you to create a fast and well-functioning website or app. Foreknowledge is not required.
Business & communication
You convince customers and investors of the added value of your app or website. With a watertight business plan and clear, creative and structured communication.
Below you can find an overview of the courses (under reservation of changes), with the number of credits per phase. Credits express how many hours you need on average to process the subject matter (incl. lessons). Count about 25 to 30 hours for 1 study credit.
- We have explained the most important courses in a blue tooltip.
Phase 1 2 3 DESIGNING AN INTERFACE i Digital product 1 i 3 Development 1 i 12 Research 1 i 6 Design 1 i 6 Communication 1 i 3 DESIGNING A SMART SOLUTION i Digital product 2 3 Development 2 6 Entrepreneurship 1 i 6 Creative Design 1 i 9 Communication 2 3 Integration adv: frontend 3 THE USER AND HIS BEHAVIOUR i Digital product 3 3 Entrepreneurship 2 6 Research 2 3 Phase 1 2 3 Creative Design 2 6 Design 2 9 Communication 3 3 INCREASING YOUR DEVELOPMENT SKILLS i Digital product 4 3 Development 3 6 Development 4 9 Development 5 6 Digital Project management 6 DESIGNING INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS i Entrepreneurship 3 6 Communication 3 3 Ethics 3 Creative Design 3 9 Small Business project i 15 Capita Selecta i 9 Internship 15 Phase 1 2 3 DESIGNING AN INTERFACE i Digital product 1 i 3 Development 1 i 12 Research 1 i 6 Design 1 i 6 Communication 1 i 3 DESIGNING A SMART SOLUTION i Digital product 2 3 Development 2 6 Entrepreneurship 1 i 6 Creative Design 1 i 9 Communication 2 3 Integration adv: frontend 3 THE USER AND HIS BEHAVIOUR i Digital product 3 3 Entrepreneurship 2 6 Research 2 3 Creative Design 2 6 Design 2 9 Communication 3 3 INCREASING YOUR DEVELOPMENT SKILLS i Digital product 4 3 Development 3 6 Development 4 9 Development 5 6 Digital Project management 6 DESIGNING INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS i Entrepreneurship 3 6 Communication 3 3 Ethics 3 Creative Design 3 9 Small Business project i 15 Capita Selecta i 9 Internship 15
Every semester you will design and build a real digital product. But first, you will complete 3 projects that help you develop the skills and tools you need to successfully design and create your product. We will describe the requirements, but you create and design your personalized result.
During each cycle you will increase your level of autonomy on planning, groupwork, choice of subjects and even evaluation... By the end of the programme you will have gathered an e-portfolio, which will give you a head start on the job market.
The spiral of innovative learning
This method is based on high impact learning and e-portfolio principles. In each cycle the level of autonomy is increased on planning, groupwork, choice of subjects, evaluation and educational method, which makes the spiral.
Design an and build your portfolio: Through each project, you will work in cycles of 4 consecutive phases: Bootcamp, Challenge, Portfolio and Feedback.
- A bootcamp is an intensive period where students work around a central topic. The theoretical items of the topic are envisioned and practically embodied.
- You accept the challenge and go for it! Make it happen. A challenge incorporates all the building blocks handled in the bootcamp, and more.
- Build up a personal e-portfolio . This is a way to prove your competences, to be visible to the outside world for employment, professional skills and your social network.
- Learn to give and accept feedback . Make relevant conclusions and cope with your conclusions to learn for future events.
Our application process is really straightforward.
You will only need to meet 3 simple requirements:
Some more good news! Thomas More has no numerus clausus procedure, nor do we have a limit on the number of admitted students.
You can find more specific information about our admission requirements here.
- The job of your life
- Additional Studies
- Working in Belgium
The job of your life
- Digital Product Designer
- Digital Product Architect
- Interaction Designer
- Front-end Developer
- Back-end Developer
- UX Designer
- Application Developer
Bachelors degree (short programme)
Working in Belgium
International students can apply for a new residence permit status upon graduation and extend their stay in Belgium up to 12 months to find work! Eager to launch your career in Belgium after your studies? No worries! We’re here to help you navigate the Search Year application process.