What does full-time face-to-face instruction mean specifically?
- We use 100% of the campus capacity, including for labs.
- All internships take place according to the rules that apply to the place of internship.
- Registrations, info days, and exams are organised as before Covid
- We welcome visitors again on our campuses.
- The student restaurants are open without restrictions in offering or occupation.
However, we always take a few basic rules into account:
- We ventilate as much as possible and use CO2 meters.
- We continue to focus on digital education, so that every student (as far as possible) can also follow the lessons at home or watch recorded lessons.
- If you are sick, stay home (even if you have a sick roommate).
- A decision on wearing mouth masks will follow soon.
Thanks to vaccinations, the academic year starts in code green and everything is (almost) as before. Do you need to be extra careful because of your health or don't feel safe in an overcrowded classroom? If so, be sure to mention it to your teachers or the student counselors. Know that you are not alone. We will find a solution for everyone.
If you are a Thomas More student and have any questions. Be sure to check the student portal or contact your programme administration.
Can I stay in a student room?
Of course, you can!
You can easily start your search online using our housing database.
What if I am affected?
Notify your roommates and stay away from your neighbours. Your roommates should get tested on day 7 after the risk contact and stay in quarantine until then.
Stay in your room and avoid common areas in the house or residence where you are staying. If available, use a separate bathroom. Stay more than 5 feet away from other people. Outside your room, always wear a mouth mask that covers your mouth and nose to prevent transmission of the virus by droplets while speaking, coughing, sneezing, etc.
Will I still be able to experience student life?
Of course! Our Student Services (Stuvo) will certainly plan (safe) activities. Also, check Stuvo's Instagram page and your campus Facebook page for all updates: Campus Antwerpen, De Nayer, Geel, Lier, Mechelen, Turnhout or Vorselaar.
Let's help each other as much as we can to finish this difficult academic year in beauty. Thanks to the vaccinations, there is good hope that life and education will soon go back to normal. Know that you are not alone and that you can always turn to your teachers, the student counsellors and your fellow students.
On the student portal you will find a lot of tips and help lines.
Take care of yourself and each other!
Do you have any concrete questions not found in this overview? If so, be sure to check the student portal or to contact your programme administration. As an international student, you can count on us!
For everything that has to do with your student life, and not directly with your study programme, you can also contact Stuvo (short for Student Services). For questions about student life and help with studying or personal problems, Stuvo will continue to be available online for video calls, chats or telephone calls.