Become a STAR @ Thomas More
Are you passionate about people and interested in different disciplines and cultures? Do you aim high and have what it takes to make a difference? Are you ready to shape the future? Do you have an open mind? Do oppertunities and challenges trigger you to do more?
STAR-track is a multi-disciplinary exchange semester in English. Team up with students with a different cultural and study background. A STAR semester consists of a total of 30ECTS which combines 15ECTS professional skills in your field of expertise with 15 ECTS future proof skills of your choice.
Why choose STAR-Track?
Enhance your expertise as well as your future proof skills:
- be inspired by our professionals with in-depth and unique insights, both in theory and practice, into relevant issues on their domain of expertise
- gain in depth knowledge in your field of expertise. Currently we have exchange programmes in the following bachelor degrees:
Future proof skills courses
- work on projects and cases in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- choose between different courses: Startup Bootcamp, Intercultural Communication, Law and Ethics
- learn to find suitable and creative solutions, to structure information, make visuals to pitch your idea and improve your overall global leadership qualities
The art of feedback - How to build a good team - Motivational skills - Coaching
|Engineering for society||3|
User Centered Design - Technology in social context - Community service engineering
* Note: this course is organised as a Summer Course, before the start of the academical year and includes cultural activities.
|Ethics||5||Philosophy - Intellectual property - Ethics - Sustainability|
|Intercultural communication||5||Cross-cultural communication - Context and background - Intercultural understanding - Communication networks|
General management, strategy and leadership - Strategic and organisational management - Business case
|Startup bootcamp Social and Climate Impact||3||Tackle social and climate change and conquer the world.|
|Survival Dutch||3||Learn the basics of Dutch language|
Choose 2 or 3 topics from this list | Take a look in the full programme guide for more details about the courses.
- Registration and welcome week 13 September.
- Courses start on 20 September 2021 till 24 December 2021.
- Christmas holidays from 24 December 2021 till 7 January 2022.
- Exams are organised from 10 January 2022 till 28 January 2022.
- A buddy will be assigned.
- Exchange students from partner institutes of Thomas More: no fee
Deadline 15 May 2021. Fill out online application and send compulsory documents
To add to your resume, upon completion you will receive a certificate of STAR-track and a letter of recommendation. We ensure the transcript of records (ECTS) between your institution and Thomas More.
Currently pre-registration is open. Please sign up to receive updates on our STAR-track and finalise the application process before the deadline. Registration is only confirmed after receiving a signed acceptance letter.
English B2 is obligatory. More information on other prerequisites can be found in the coursefiles.
More information about STAR-track
International Programme Manager | Sofie Mols
More information about content and topics, please contact coordinator of your study field