Postgraduate linked to the Teachers Programme
Questions about Fall 2020 semester (Covid-19)?
No worries, we've got you covered!
Are you ... ?
- already a teacher and in need of exploring your personal and professional boundaries ...
- willing to share your teaching expertise with international colleagues ...
- not afraid of workplace learning and traineeships in international educational settings ...
- dreaming of teaching abroad ...
Then our brand new postgraduate programme international teacher might be something for you?
- What do we offer
- Enrolment conditions
- Tuition Fee
What do we offer
- interesting international educational contacts/references
- traineeprogrammes and coaching in international, private, local and European schools
- workshops, guest lectures, seminars, training sessions on different international educational systems, programmes and assessment
- 21st century international classroom skills
You are a qualified teacher (preschool, primary, or secondary education) with a high proficiency level of English (C1 level requirement before completion of the programme).
Admissions Interview in English start of the programme. (In view of visa procedures we advise non-EEA-students to register before May 2020).
EEA-students = € 1990
non-EEA-students = € 2800
Travel and C1 English certificate costs not included.
Study exemptions and personalised traineeprogrammes are possible.
Accreditation of prior learning can be taken into account.
- Fall 2020 Semester (Covid-19)
Fall 2020 Semester (Covid-19)
Already living in Belgium?
We would love to welcome you on campus in September. We will follow the guidelines provided by the Belgian government. For the latest updates, consult www.thomasmore.be/corona.
Coming from abroad?
- Students enrolled in the International Teacher programme will have the option to take their first semester courses remotely, with virtual support from lecturers, until the end of October.
- Internships in the first semester will take place between November and December. The agreement between the intern and internship school can be flexible.
- Students who can’t be there before the end of October should postpone until the 2021/22 academic year.
- Short International/European/ or private school internship (15 ECTS)
- Intercultural Competencies in Education 1 (3 ECTS)
- Pedagogy, Didactics & Personal Development in International Contexts 1 (3 ECTS)
- Guidelines to English Level C1 (3 ECTS)
- Longer International/European/ or private school internship (30 ECTS)
- Intercultural Competencies in Education 2 (3 ECTS)
- Pedagogy, Didactics & Personal Development in International Contexts 2 (3 ECTS)
Take a look in the programme guide for more details.
- After training
Every teacher needs new ideas and impulses. Do you?
Perhaps the in-service training offered by LEON and Donche, our knowledge centers of the teacher training programs of Thomas More, can help you with this.