Content Strategy and Customer Experience
Postgraduate related to the bachelors in Media and Communication
Content Strategy and Customer Experience
Develop insights to win your customers’ hearts and minds
- Understand the importance of content strategy.
- Dive into market and user insights to generate innovative content and experiences.
- Apply your analytical mindset to develop efficient and effective content strategies.
- Learn to maximise the customer experience based on a customer-centric, evidence-based approach.
- Sharpen your strategic skills by applying different stages of the design thinking methodology (strategy, ideation, and validation) to create a holistic outcome.
- Build on your BA, MA or equivalent professional experience with this intensive postgraduate programme.
- Learn to steer any business closer to its strategic goals with meaningful content and customer-centric experiences.
- Or prepare to kick-start your career as a content innovator and strategist, or customer experience expert.
- This 5-month programme (27 ECTS) starts in September and ends mid-February. Enter the job market with a competitive advantage in February.
Organisations increasingly understand the power of content marketing and the importance of experience. This programme prepares you for the future workplace by turning you into a research-led and experience-focused content strategist.
Using the principle of design-based education, you work on real-life projects for real clients, developing relevant, personalised solutions, with coaching from both by highly-skilled lecturers and experts from the professional field.
- Targeted students
- Personal coaching
- Enrolment conditions
- Tuition fee
The postgraduate programme of five months is organised in three consecutive modules: strategy, ideation, and validation, in which you will put theoretical knowledge and research-led insights immediately into practice. Evaluation is completely assignment based, working on real-life projects for real clients.
The programme welcomes
- BA’s or MA’s (undergraduate or graduate) in communication, media, marketing or business management.
- Students with a background in a different field can enrol after an assessment of their motivational letter.
- Professionals who want to discover how to achieve the strategic goals of their organisation by using a meaningful content strategy and how to evaluate customer experience after implementation.
Below you can find an overview of the courses (under reservation of changes), with the number of credits per phase. Credits express how many hours you need on average to process the subject matter (incl. lessons). Count about 25 to 30 hours for 1 study credit.
- We have explained the most important courses in a blue tooltip.
- Would you like to know the detailed content of each subject? Check the programme guide.
Strategy (12 ECTS, 9 weeks)
You will learn to make strategic content decisions based on theoretical insights and relevant research methods and analyses. After defining your client’s company goals and challenges, you will focus on its customers and use both quantitative and qualitative research methods to gain essential insights. You will present your findings in a strategic brief, which is key to the development of new content and experiences (ideation).
Ideation (6 ECTS, 4 weeks)
You will learn to develop a creative strategy based on design-thinking methods and storytelling insights. You will get familiar with several ideation techniques to generate innovative ideas for meaningful content. You will strategically decide on the key values, target group, different platforms or technologies, and suitable storytelling for new customer experiences. You will deliver a number of comprehensive concepts that can be reviewed by an expert and evaluated by your client.
Validation (9 ECTS, 6 weeks)
You will learn to evaluate media content and experiences based on different user metrics and tests and to formulate data-driven strategic advice. You will distinguish between different user metrics and usability tests. On the one hand, you will be able to analyse available online data and distil insights into user flows (e.g., via Google Analytics). On the other hand, you will perform your own usability test(s) and collect new data and insights on customer experiences. You will use visualisation techniques to demonstrate your findings to your client.
Using the design thinking methodology, you put theoretical knowledge and research-led insights immediately into practice to improve a company’s content strategy and to optimise customer experience.
In small teams of students, you work on real-life projects for real clients, developing relevant, personalised solutions. Coached by a team of lecturers and researchers, you collaborate with stakeholders, users and experts from the professional field. To ensure high-level, hands-on coaching and feedback sessions, the programme is limited to 20 motivated students.
- To ensure high-level, hands-on coaching, the programme is limited to 20 motivated students.
- Minimum language requirements: English CEFR B2.
- To apply and to check if you meet the standard admission requirements, follow the application procedure.
- EEA-students: € 2.750
- non-EEA-students: € 3.800
- The job of your life
The job of your life
After competing this programme, you can be qualified in positions such as
- Content strategist
- Content innovator
- Customer experience expert