Content Strategy and Customer Experience
- You want to take the development of content strategies to the next level.
- You have an analytical mindset and want your content decisions to be research-led and evidence-based.
- You believe customer experience is a key factor in deciding and evaluating your content strategy. As such, you look for a customer-oriented and experience-focused approach.
- The programme uses the principle of design-based education and is organised around the three stages of content development – strategy, ideation, and validation.
- This postgraduate welcomes both graduates (BA or MA) and professionals in the field of communication, media, marketing or business management. Applicants from a different background can enrol after an assessment of their motivation letter.
- This postgraduate prepares you for positions such as content innovator, marketing or content strategist, and brand publisher or manager.
- This 5-month programme of 27 ECTS starts at the beginning of February 2021 and ends in June.
Content & approach
- Target group
- Your schedule
- Enrolment conditions
- Tuition fee
The programme welcomes
- BA’s or MA’s (undergraduate or graduate) in communication, media, marketing or business management.
- Students with a background in a different field can enrol after an assessment of their motivational letter.
- Professionals who want to discover how to achieve the strategic goals of their organisation by using a meaningful content strategy and how to evaluate customer experience after implementation.
- Daytime classes, with a maximum of 18 contact hours a week.
- 19 teaching weeks from the beginning of February until the end of June.
- Organised around the three phases of content development: strategy (9 weeks), ideation (4 weeks), and validation (6 weeks).
- Academic year 20-21: start from the beginning of February until the end of June.
Academic year 21-22: start from the beginning of September until the end of January.
- To ensure high-level, hands-on coaching, the programme is limited to 20 motivated students.
- Minimum language requirements: English CEFR B2.
- EEA-students: € 2.750
- non-EEA-students: € 3.800
Strategy (12 ECTS – 9 weeks)
You will learn to make strategic content decisions based on theoretical insights and relevant research methods and analyses. After defining your client’s company goals and challenges, you will focus on its customers and use both quantitative and qualitative research methods to gain essential insights. You will present your findings in a strategic brief, which is key to the development of new content and experiences (ideation).
Ideation (6 ECTS – 4 weeks)
You will learn to develop a creative strategy based on design-thinking methods and storytelling insights. You will get familiar with several ideation techniques to generate innovative ideas for meaningful content. You will strategically decide on the key values, target group, different platforms or technologies, and suitable storytelling for new customer experiences. You will deliver two comprehensive concepts that can be reviewed by an expert and evaluated by your client.
Validation (9 ECTS – 6 weeks)
You will learn to evaluate media content and experiences based on different user metrics and tests and to formulate data-driven strategic advice. You will distinguish between different user metrics and usability tests. On the one hand, you will be able to analyse available online data and distil insights into user flows (e.g., via Google Analytics). On the other hand, you will perform your own usability test(s) and collect new data and insights on customer experiences. You will use visualization techniques to demonstrate your findings to your client.
Why choose Content Strategy and Customer Experience
In only five months you gain extra expertise and skills during a series of daytime classes (with a maximum of 18 contact hours a week).
Using the principle of design-based education, you work on real-life projects for real clients, developing relevant, personalised solutions, with coaching from both by highly-skilled lecturers and experts from the professional field.
- Get to work
Get to work
Get to work
After competing this programme, you can be qualified in positions such as
- Content strategist
- Content innovator
- Marketing strategist
- Brand publisher
- Brand manager