Exchange programme | Occupational Therapy
You are an enthusiastic go-getter with lots of energy
- You want to help people with a disability carry out their daily activities with ease.
- You are well-spoken, optimistic and creative.
- This programme consists of a diverse combination of practical work, lectures, tutorials, and projects.
- It includes annual internships, totalling more than a thousand hours of work.
- After you graduate you can work as an occupational therapist.
- You are also qualified to take on coaching, coordinating and educational roles.
- As a result, you can work in a wide range of sectors and positions!
- If you’d like to continue studying, feel free to pursue another bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree.
- Exam regulations
- Personal coaching
The department of Occupational Therapy will host students from abroad for a period of maximum 3 months. If we receive to many applications, we’ll have to make a selection: this will be communicated with the applying students.
During the Autumn period (20th September 2021 – 20th December 2021) as for the Spring period (10th January 2022 – 17th June 2022), incoming students can select courses in addition to their practical placement (within the compulsory course “International module” of 20 ECTS). When they’re having courses (at the TMK-UAS campus), it replaces the practical placement during that period.
The academic year in a nutshell
Below you can find an overview of the courses ( under reservation of changes), with the number of credits per phase. Credits express how many hours you need on average to process the subject matter (incl. lessons). Count about 25 to 30 hours for 1 study credit.
- We have explained the most important courses in a blue tooltip.
- Would you like to know the detailed content of each subject? Check the programme guide.
- Courses marked with a * are offered fully online. This means you don't have to physically come to Belgium to take these courses.
Code ECTS Autumn Spring International OT-Module i Z12918 20 X International OT-Module i Z12918 20 X Code ECTS Autumn Spring International OT-Module i Z12918 20 X International OT-Module i Z12918 20 X Code ECTS Autumn Spring International OT-Module i Z12918 20 X International OT-Module i Z12918 20 X International OT-Module i Z12918 20 X International OT-Module i Z12918 20 X
Only 3rd and 4th year occupational therapy students are admitted.
The final grade for the exchange will be a grade composed by the "internship" and (if chosen) the other classes. No re-examinations will be provided should the student fail in any of the components. The assessment will always be done at the end of each item. The grade will be forwarded to the partner school in the week following completion of the internship.
Yes, we care
During your exchange you can count on a whole support team to truly make you feel at home at Thomas More. The International Support Team, the International Office, your 'buddy', Student Services (STUVO), all of our lecturers and many more will personally guide you to ensure that you blend in from the beginning and prosper so that we help you to deploy and nurture your talents. You will never feel alone.
Need to know
- Practical Information
- Additional studies
- Do you have questions regarding...
- your courses or Learning Agreement? Contact your International Coordinator !
- your nominations, application, visa or practical arrangements? Contact the International Office via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadlines
- 15 May (to start in September)
- 31 October (to start in February)
- Do you have questions regarding...
Only in Dutch:
Tweede bachelor (via verkort traject)
Master (via schakeljaar)
- Master in ergotherapeutische wetenschappen (2jaar)
- Pedagogische wetenschappen