Guidelines Belgian Government
Transport to student room
Arrange transport from airport/station to place of residence quarantine (the student arranges the transport himself):
Public transport with mouth mask (mandatory )
By car or taxi
As is the case for taxis a minimum distance of 1.5 metres between each person must be respected during transport. The number of persons that can be transported therefore varies according to the type of vehicle. This measure does not apply to a family or people from the same bubble. It is recommended to ventilate and clean the car regularly. Wearing a mouth and nose covering is strongly advised.
Student housing and shopping
During the quarantine :
- Students are allowed to go outside to do essential transport such as shopping and to the pharmacy with mouth mask. Intense contact with other persons must be avoided.
- Accommodation in a student room with shared kitchen and sanitary facilities is possible. Intense contact with other persons must be avoided. Do not share eating and drinking utensils (cutlery, plates, mugs, glasses,...), toothbrushes or towels.
- Don’t invite other persons to your room
- Ventilate your room regularly
- Cough / sneeze in a handkerchief : Use a fabric or paper handkerchief. If you don't have it handy, cough or sneeze in the crease of your elbow, the inside of your sweater... Dispose of paper handkerchiefs immediately in a bin with a lid. Then wash your hands.
- Wash your hands regularly. Wash your hands several times a day with soap and water for 40 to 60 seconds. Dry your hands with clean towels. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
- Measure your temperature twice a day with a good fever thermometer. If you have a fever or other complaints (e.g. breathing problems, coughing, sore throat,...), call a doctor for advice and if necessary an appointment for a test. (list of doctors on : mediwacht.be or contact Student Services for more info on general practitioners).
More info on : info-coronavirus.be/en/travels
I have other or additional questions.
Do not hesitate to contact Student Services.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +32 (0)14 56 23 00
De Nayer: Suzie.firstname.lastname@example.org