International Business and Trade
Major of the bachelor's degree International Business Management
Broaden your horizons!
- Entrepreneurship is in your blood; you know an opportunity when you see one.
- You’re ready to dive into the fast-paced world of global business and trade.
- You will explore cultural differences and their impact on foreign trade.
- The theoretical knowledge and insights you acquire come together with pragmatic models and practical skills to make a real impact.
- A real-life international project will challenge you to push your limits.
- International experience and networks will add substance to your CV as will your internship abroad.
- By combining language courses in Chinese, German, Spanish, French or Dutch, your studies will pave the way for an inspiring international career.
- Your time is valuable, so we are flexible!
- You can start this 6-semester programme either in February or September.
Why choose International Business and Trade
3 countries in 3 years
Take your degree global via your international project, study exchange abroad and international internship. At least 3 countries in 3 years: the US, China, India, Russia, … the choice is yours. So go head, open your mind and your pathways to success!
Your experience is the added value
Be a part of a talented, diverse and international class and experience the true meaning and power of interculturality first hand. Start building your international network from day one along with the foundations of a rich and rewarding career!
- In practice/Workplace learning
- Personal coaching
- Go international
- Short programme
- Fall 2020 semester (Covid-19)
- Phase 1 | Start building your core knowledge base with fundamental insights in economics, international trade, marketing, entrepreneurship, financial management and digitalisation.
- Phase 2 | Broaden and deepen your knowledge by applying it to real-world cases and live projects. Play a crucial role in an international project and put what you’ve learned to the test in a new environment during your compulsory study exchange abroad. To expand your international experience and enhance your intercultural skills.
- Phase 3 | Launch your own independent research project in international business during the third and final phase of your degree programme. And then combine it with practical insights from your international internship to kick-start your future career.
Below you can find an overview of the courses ( under reservation of changes), with the number of credits per phase. Credits express how many hours you need on average to process the subject matter (incl. lessons). Count about 25 to 30 hours for 1 study credit.
- We have explained the most important courses in a blue tooltip.
Phase 1 2 3 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS International Trade i 3 Asian Business Topics i 3 African Business Topics i 3 Intercultural Communication i 3 Ethical Manegerial Problem-Solving 3 Latin America Business Topics i 3 Export Management & Sourcing 3 EU Business Topics i 3 International Project 3 Societal & Consumer Trends 3 Globalization & International Marketing i 3 International Study Exchange 30 LANGUAGES Business Communication i 3 Foreign Language (own choice) i 6 3 3 BUSINESS MANAGEMENT Business Fundamentals 6 Process & Project Management 3 Entrepreneurial Management i 3 3 Procurement & Supply Chain 3 Phase 1 2 3 Economics 3 Financial Management i 6 Sales 3 Sales Management 3 Enterprise Resource Planning 3 Cost Calculation 6 Social Media 3 Sustainable Strategic Management 3 Customer Relationship Management 3 BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE Digital Skills 3 Business Intelligence Fundamentals 3 Business Analytics 3 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT Personal Development 3 Management skills 3 Portfolio 3 @WORK Business Game 3 Bachelor Thesis 9 International Internship 21 BUSINESS ELECTIVES Phase 1 2 3 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS International Trade i 3 Asian Business Topics i 3 African Business Topics i 3 Intercultural Communication i 3 Ethical Manegerial Problem-Solving 3 Latin America Business Topics i 3 Export Management & Sourcing 3 EU Business Topics i 3 International Project 3 Societal & Consumer Trends 3 Globalization & International Marketing i 3 International Study Exchange 30 LANGUAGES Business Communication i 3 Foreign Language (own choice) i 6 3 3 BUSINESS MANAGEMENT Business Fundamentals 6 Process & Project Management 3 Entrepreneurial Management i 3 3 Procurement & Supply Chain 3 Economics 3 Financial Management i 6 Sales 3 Sales Management 3 Enterprise Resource Planning 3 Cost Calculation 6 Social Media 3 Sustainable Strategic Management 3 Customer Relationship Management 3 BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE Digital Skills 3 Business Intelligence Fundamentals 3 Business Analytics 3 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT Personal Development 3 Management skills 3 Portfolio 3 @WORK Business Game 3 Bachelor Thesis 9 International Internship 21 BUSINESS ELECTIVES
Check out an example timetable for phase 1.
In practice/Workplace learning
Tie everything you’ve learned together during an exciting and challenging 12-week international internship at the end of your degree programme. Identify relevant target companies in the country and sector of your choice via your own research and/or the university database.
As the pinnacle of the 3 phases of your studies and training, your international internship is the ideal occasion to apply your knowledge and learn how to adapt to new professional and cultural environments. And most importantly, hit the ground running when launching your career.
Count on personalised advice, support, counselling and coaching at every leg of your journey at Thomas More.
- Contact your Programme Manager for any academic questions related to your field of study
- Get in touch with your Study Advisor for questions about your individual study programme, exemptions and credits
- Reach out to your Care Coordinator for support or even just a listening ear about anything and everything else.
You’ll also find your lecturers are very approachable, too! And always available to give advice or answer your questions. Don’t hesitate to e-mail them.
Your degree in International Business & Trade will not so much expand as explode your horizons and make the world that little bit smaller. How about a study trip to South Korea in your second year, for example, followed by an internship in the US during the third?
And when it comes to expanding your international network, our partnerships with top-notch universities around the world are your stepping stones to new stomping grounds, for example, in: Quimper and Paris (France), Seville (Spain), Eindhoven (Netherlands), Vilnius (Lithuania), Budapest (Hungary), Bloemfontein (South Africa), Daejeon (South Korea), Chile, Mexico, China, Taiwan or Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).
Already obtained a bachelor's or master's degree in Business Management or any related course? We have a short degree programme for you!
Fall 2020 semester (Covid-19)
Already living in Belgium?
We would love to welcome you on campus in September. We will follow the guidelines provided by the Belgian government. For the latest updates, consult www.thomasmore.be/corona.
Coming from abroad?
- Students enrolled in the International Business and Trade programme (3 year) will have the option to take their first semester courses remotely, with virtual support from lecturers. It will also be possible to take the January exams fully online.
- A February start date is possible in this programme. Students who start in February will be able to graduate in 6 semesters. However, we strongly advise students to go for the September start date if at all possible.
- If you choose to start the first semester remotely, you can still join us in Belgium later in the semester (in November or December, for example). You will need to be in Belgium for in person courses by the start of the second semester in February at the latest.
- The job of your life
- Additional studies
The job of your life
- Business developer
- Import/Export manager
- International entrepreneur
- Business owner
- International sales manager
- International project manager
Second shortened bachelor
- Extra specialization within Business Management (in one or two years)
- In Belgium or abroad
- Via exchange programme: Business & Trade, Business Administration, Public Management and Policy, Corporate Communication, etc.