Admission requirements Space & Service Design

>>> Om deze video te zien dien je advertentie-cookies te accepteren. >>>

Diploma requirements

Only Students who already obtained a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design or Architecture in Belgium and students who already obtained a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design or Architecture in other EEA-members and non EEA-members states can apply for this Postgraduate programme, e.g.:

  • Ba/Ma Interior Design 
  • Ba/Ma Interior Architecture 
  • Ba/Ma Environmental Design 
  • Ba/Ma Architecture 
  • Ba/Ma Product Design / Industrial Design / Service Design 
  • Ba// Banaba/ Ma Furniture Design  
  • Ba/Ma Design

If your Ba/Ma does not immediately qualify for the Postgraduate programme, your application can still be assessed by the study counsellors committee. Do not hesitate to sent in your application.

Additional condition

All candidates apply with a:

  • Digital portfolio
  • cv (resume)
  • Motivation letter (stating why you would like to the postgraduate in space and service design) which will be assessment by the study counselors committee.

The digital portfolio is proving extensive experience in designing spaces, objects, interiors, CAD, technical knowledge and skills (drawings), visualization skills. The portfolio should contain at least 8 or more pieces of your best recent work and is to be submitted in digital format. The portfolio should enable the study counselors committee to assess your current skills and potential for success in the program. Digital formats that are considered acceptable include .jpegs of images/work or .pdfs of compilations of work.

The student complements the portfolio with a cv and motivation letter for the application to the postgraduate in Space & Service Design.

In addition to the portfolio/cv/motivation assessment, the study counsellors committee can request an extra  (Skype) interview.

Want to apply? Find out everything about the application procedure.

Language requirements

You can prove you are reasonably proficient at speaking and writing English (level B2, European Framework), if you:

  • obtained a Flemish secondary education diploma or a Dutch VWO-diploma
  • obtained an English-language diploma in secondary or higher education from an institution of one of the following countries: United Kingdom, United States of America, New Zealand, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, Caribbean islands & South Africa
    This implies that applicants who did not obtain their GCE A Level certificates in Australia, English speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or the USA have to submit language test (cf. above) results. 
  • followed your previous education in a partner institution with which Thomas More has an agreement on language requirements.

Residence status

An identity card or passport is sufficient for students from an EU-member state. Other students can apply, but will need a valid residence permit for Belgium for the final registration.

T +32 15 36 92 50