Coronavirus | COVID-19 (English)
On this page we give our students and staff regular updates about the Coronavirus. [latest update: 20/12/2021]
How will the academic year look like?
Yes, we can welcome you at our campuses again! Read everything you need to know here.
Are you a student at Thomas More? Please check your mailbox and the student portal.
Vaccination - certificates Q&A
- Which types of vaccines are approved in Belgium?
- What is an EU Digital COVID Certificate? And how does it work?
- I was vaccinated in a non-EU country. Is my vaccination also recognised in Belgium?
- I was vaccinated in an EU country, EEA country or the UK. Is my vaccine certificate recognised in Belgium?
- I’m not vaccinated. Can I get vaccinated as an international (exchange) student?
- I was partially vaccinated abroad. Can I get my second dose in Belgium?
- My vaccine certificate isn’t recognised in Belgium. Do I need to get vaccinated again?
- What is a BIS number or how do I obtain it?
Other questions about COVID19?
- For students | check our student portal
- For staff members | check our intranet
What can you do to prevent becoming sick or spreading the virus?
- Be sure to wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (40 to 60 seconds) with soap and water. How? Check this site for detailed instructions.
- Do you have to sneeze or cough? Make sure to cover your mouth with a disposable facial tissue or with the inside of your elbow.
- Use disposable facial tissues when you have to sneeze or blow your nose and throw them away immediately in a trash can with a lid.
- Don't shake hands, don't give kisses and hugs.
- Keep your distance from others, experts recommend 1.5 meters.
- Try to be careful not to touch your face with your hands as much as possible.
- Ventilate rooms twice a day for 30 minutes.
Thomas More welcomes international students during academic year 2021/2022!
For general information about travelling to Europe, keep an eye on the European Commission's website.
For specific information about travelling to Belgium, check the Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs' website (travel to Belgium).
The Belgian Government's official website offers the latest updates on the Covid-19 situation and the current measures.
Get notifications of new measures via BeAlert.
Travelling from abroad
Are you having doubts? Contact our services:
- incoming exchange students | firstname.lastname@example.org
- incoming degree students | email@example.com
- Federal Public Service (FPS) Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment (general information from the Federal Government, including frequently asked questions: what can I do, where can I go, how is Belgium preparing, etc.)
- Follow the latest news in English on VRT.nws and Flanderstoday
- Institute of Tropical Medicine (general information for travelers)
- Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation (travel advice - in Dutch)
- Sciensano (guidelines and procedures from the Belgian government - in Dutch)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (epidemiological information for Europe)
- World Health Organization (global epidemiological information)